How to send otherkin hate: a complete quide
- go to someone’s ask box
- click anon
- start typing something mean
- close browser
- step outside
- realize that you’re sending anonymous hatered for no good reason to beings on the internet because of what they identify as
- you could be curing cancer, writing a book, playing a videogame, but youre sending anonymous hate on the internet to beings that you’ve never even met
- realize that their identity has nothing to do with you and doesnt affect you whatsoever
How To Be An Otherkin
- go to tumblr
- read through otherkin posts
- be jealous, decide you want to be special too and to have a community to fit in and have people ask questions about you and even get anon hate for once
- pick some animal or creature that you like a lot or you think is quirky or believable in your case; decide that that dream you had at five years old about being something like that creature actually had something to do with reality, continue to reinterpret your life to make it fit how otherkin you are
- start typing your intro post for the #otherkin tag
- close browser
- realize that you’re just making shit up for no good reason
- you could be curing cancer, writing a book, playing a videogame, but instead you’re writing garbage on the internet
- realize that animal species and fictional characters are not “identities” for you to appropriate for yourself to be quirky and/or to be entitled to special protection
Stuff you can’t do with identities
- “agree” with them
- “disrespect” them
- “discredit” them
- “support” them
You want to defend yourselves and your claims, but it would pay to make some sense while you’re at it.
This original post is so awful that it’s not even worth replying to, but I did want to reblog it to make a point.
When you say “I support X identity, sure… but not Y identity, because that’s just a white middle class online delusion”, this is what you look like.
Exactly. Like. This.
Your identity denial and sticking everyone in a group into the same category of “privileged white people with too much time” doesn’t look any better if you just do it to a few groups instead of all of them.
It. Looks. Exactly. Like. This.
This is your mirror, people who deny the identities of other people. This is what you look like to us. So remember, it doesn’t matter how “including” you’re trying to be or how “social justice” you think you are: if you go around denying people’s identities, anyone’s identities, using these same ridiculous arguments… you look a lot more like the radfems to us, than you look like social justice allies.
yeah lemme just say that you can’t call yourself a social justice ally if you don’t support all identities. even the ones you don’t agree on.
SORRY. SOCIAL JUSTICE MEANS ‘JUSTICE FOR ALL’, NOT ‘JUSTICE FOR ALL IDENTITIES I AGREE WITH’
Do you guys have any idea how little sense you’re making? How does one “agree” with an identity? How does one “support” an identity? You’re just throwing words around, it doesn’t even mean anything.
Jenn here. I’m probably going to get some hate for this but I know some of you will respect what I have to say. Toshi has been teaching me a lot about Japanese culture and customs lately. Everything I learn just kind of resonates with me… a lot. No, I’m not just talking about anime. The art, the…
You’re also “transabled” and a “transfat activist”. How many more “oppression” points do you need?
Q:"“genderfluid” (obviously female), goes by the wrong pronouns on purpose" How /dare/ you? You have no right to discredit what someone identifies themselves as. It is absolutely none of your damn business and it was rude of you to call Landon out like that. Your absolute ignorance astounds and disgusts me.
I don’t think “discredit” was the word you were looking for. Tell me more about my ignorance.
So, I have a new term, created to describe humans and otherkin both when trying to explain phyiscal stuff. Shoutout to Markleberry for giving me the basis for it. (Tumblr: the only place in the world where you can have a serious discussion on how to not use otherkin-erasive language when talking about diseases that have ‘human’ in their names.)
Kyriarchically-Designated Human (KDH).
For an example on how one would use this term, when you’re creating your brand new queer and trans inclusive anti-oppressive sex ed site (and if you call now, you can get some accidental transmisogyny thrown in TOTALLY FREE!), and you’re trying to discuss the reproductive system in general, instead of saying “The human reproductive system is what allows people to have sex and kids”, you would say “The KDH reproductive system is what allows people to have sex and kids”.
Thoughts? (People making ‘hilarious’ comments on how ‘ridiculous’ this is will be punched in the face.)
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
OH MY GOD
Okay, okay… you’re trolling. You must be.
Please tell me you’re trolling.